This Privacy Statement sets out the terms and conditions of your use of the website of Millett & Matthews Solicitors, www.millmatt.ie (“Our Website”). We reserve the right to change this Privacy Statement from time to time. You will be bound by the current Privacy Statement in place at the time you use Our Website. If you do not agree with the terms, do not use Our Website.
- General information: Millett & Matthews Solicitors (“we” or “us”) is committed to providing transparency around how personal data are processed. We reserve the right to change this policy from time to time. You will be bound by the current policy in place at the time you use this website. If you do not agree with these terms, please do not use our website.
- DPO: Millett & Matthews has appointed a DPO, Marianne B.Matthews. She can be contacted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post at: Millett & Matthews Solicitors, Main Street, Baltinglass, County Wicklow.
- Information collected when you visit the website: This website does not operate any cookies and we do not operate any “Contact Us” forms or similar. We do not collect any information via our website.
- Personal data we collect in delivering legal services and running a law firm: We collect and process personal data as part of delivering legal services and for the purposes of running a law firm, but this data collection is not via our Website. Where we are asked to advise on a particular matter, we require clients to provide us with their contact details and other relevant information in order for us to deliver legal services and comply with our legal obligations as a regulated profession. Our Data Protection and Privacy Notice is issued to clients to provide further information, transparency, and accountability. The Data Protection and Privacy Notice gives our clients some helpful information about who we are, what personal data we collect about our clients, why, who we share it with and why, how long we keep it, data subject rights etc.
- Disclosure/sharing personal data: We reserve the right to disclose any personal data we hold to the law-enforcement authorities (eg. An Garda Síochána) and other appropriate bodies (eg. Revenue Commissioners, etc) where it is required or permitted by law, or required for safeguarding the security of the State, or protecting the international relations of the State, or where it is required for the purpose of preventing, detecting or investigating offences, apprehending or prosecuting offenders or assessing or collecting any tax, duty or other money owed or payable to the State. We reserve the right to process personal data (including holding, retaining, sharing, disclosing that personal data) to comply with law or any Court order, to enforce any contractual agreements between us and our clients, to initiate or defend any legal claims, to obtain legal advices or otherwise vindicate our legal rights. Further information is set out in our Data Protection and Privacy Notice.
- Data transfers within or outside EEA: Millett & Matthews Solicitors do not transfer personal data outside the EEA for our own business purposes. Millett & Matthews Solicitors may be asked to transfer data outside the EEA in certain situations, eg. to comply with a legal requirement, to comply with a Court Order, and/or where same is necessary for the establishment, exercise, or defence of legal claims per Article 49(1)(e) GDPR.
- Security: We take appropriate security measures to protect personal data from access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage. This includes taking reasonable technical security measures and organisational measures.
- Retention: Further information on the retention periods we operate are made available to our clients in the Data Protection and Privacy Notice.
- Any queries? A data subject has the right to enforce their rights as a data subject under the applicable data protection legislation in place at the time. Should you wish to discuss any of the above-mentioned issues, or raise any queries relating to our website, please contact us at Millett & Matthews Solicitors, Main Street, Baltinglass, County Wicklow. If you have any complaints, you can contact the Office of the Data Protection Commission or consult their website for further information: Data Protection Commission, Canal House, Station Road, Portarlington, Co.Laois, Telephone: Lo Call 1890 252231 www.dataprotection.ie